Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Interested in working in a high impact role? Come and join our Japan Alexa team
and help define the course of voice technology in the home. Amazon recently announced that third party hardware makers can integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS), the brain behind Amazon Echo, into their products. AVS is enabling many new connected devices and exciting consumer use cases in the home, and AVS marketing enables device partners to go to market quickly, effectively, and visibly. The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) team is looking for an innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Japan Marketing leader.
This is a new position and is a leadership role within our AVS global team, and is located in Tokyo. The role will help define and lead new AVS consumer marketing initiatives in Japan.
We are looking for a Japanese savvy marketer who can develop, direct and execute digital and physical marketing programs to drive sales of AVS’ partner products. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, and a successful track record in partner and/or consumer product marketing with experience developing and localizing global programs to meet market segment requirements. In this role you will be challenged to innovate and pioneer marketing approaches as you; 1) help partners launch new products, 2) help drive customer adoption and usage for the segment overall, and 3) develop a scaleable localization program for partners. In typical Amazon fashion, this role will hold a high bar for measurement of marketing activities, and will define success metrics, measurement methods and reporting processes for their efforts. This role will be at the forefront of a new ecosystem – engaging device manufacturers and consumers to improve the way people interact with technology.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Identify and prioritize leading third party partners for execution of co-marketing campaigns including both online and offline.
- Develop an understanding of the drivers of local purchase behavior (acquisition), customer activation (engagement) and habitual usage (retention) and translate those insights into go-to-market segment programs, campaigns and promotions.
- Collaborate with partners to jointly define, develop, execute and analyze high-impact go-to-market segment campaigns including timelines, channels, merchandising, promotion, customer value prop/messaging, campaign goals and measurement.
- Execute campaigns leveraging the full range of merchandising vehicles available, using data, analysis and best practices to optimize your decisions.
- Localize international programs as necessary.
- Manage co-marketing budget including forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis.
- Support local Business Development teams with content and marketing programs for partners.
- Work with global marketing teams to tailor programs to meet local requirements.
- Work closely with Business Development, PR, Product Management, UX, Brand, Amazon Legal, Category Leads, Retail teams and other Amazon stakeholders to ensure internal cross-functional alignment.
- Represent Amazon in meetings with key partners, as well as establish strong, collaborative relationships with partners through the go-to-market and customer activation lifecycle.
- Report weekly on our success metrics including performance of launch, acquisition, retention, and developer activity.
- This role will also assist with the development and execution plans to engage the local developer community.