Head of Partner Alliance, Public Sector
Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the Public Sector? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is building a team of business development professionals to establish relationships and manage the success of our emerging Technology and Consulting partners within the Japan market. Do you have the business savvy, government business development experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider for these partners?
As an AWS Partner Development Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon Web Services in the Public Sector. Your mission will be to develop AWS awareness and adoption, build AWS competency, and foster the development of cloud-based solutions with key partners who deliver solutions for government, education, healthcare and non-profits..
In this role, you will manage a territory of high value AWS partners while developing business and technical relationships to grow the overall business. You will have day-to-day interactions with these partners as they progress in their adoption of AWS for their solutions, and then as they bring the solutions to market and sell jointly with AWS. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Effectively developing and managing partners will require that you establish strong business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the Public Sector industry and customer requirements. Through these relationships, you will be responsible for growing internal adoption of AWS, as well as broad organizational AWS competency in the partners in your territory. You will also work closely with the AWS Public Sector sales team to drive joint sales engagement, as well as strategically plan for development of future opportunities and pursuits.
Ideal candidates will possess both and technical business background that enables them to drive engagements and interact at multiple levels with partners and customers. Candidates should also have strong industry experience and demonstrated the ability to think and act strategically on the government customer mission, industry directions, and partner/customer technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Japan Public Sector Team in helping to drive overall business goals.
- Manage a territory of multiple AWS partners who build vertical solutions for the Public Sector.
- Understand and navigate Public Sector contracting vehicles and procedures.
- Understand the legal, compliance, security, and technical considerations and certifications specific to the Public Sector that impact your partner ecosystem.
- Build and execute a plan to develop the competency of the partners in your territory, have them engage in more Public Sector business, and grow overall AWS revenue through the partners.
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the Legal group.