Finance management is all about understanding the moving parts, people, and knowing the numbers…unless you work at Amazon it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Finance Managers work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to manage fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense from which details that make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely, delegating, and wasting time.
Serving as a key partner to the Director of CS Operations Japan, the CS Finance Manager will oversee the development of strategic and operational financial plans, ensure controllership over assets and expenditures and performing ad-hoc analyses as necessary to support strategic business decisions. Duties will also include:
- Leading the CS Finance team, managing and mentoring finance professionals and guiding team member career development
- Overseeing all financial planning and reporting activities for CS Operations, including the annual planning cycles and building accurate forecasts
- Approving contracts, asset acquisitions, expenditures and headcount against approved plans
- Continuously seeking out opportunities for customer experience improvements and cost reduction, and partnering with operations leadership to implement the opportunities
- Manage and develop financial models for planning, forecasting, and reporting Costs and efficiency
- Partner with Fulfillment Center Operations and Transportation teams to deliver information as well as enhance reporting capability · Monitor various productivity metrics for the Customer Service team on weekly basis and assist Operations teams with deep dives
- Partner with Business Intelligence team on execution and automation of weekly and monthly business review metrics including ensuring that all information provided is timely and accurate ·
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the Operations on improving and creating new measures
The role will be based at our Tokyo headquarters and occasional travel to other locations and overnight stays may be required.