The AWS Proposal Technical Writer is an integral part of the bid and capture team. The Proposal Technical Writer is in a key position to help grow our cloud computing business and make an impact in an exciting, growing market. The Proposal Technical Writer is responsible for researching and documenting internal AWS information and drafting clear, concise, accurate, and compliant responses to RFx, partner, and customer inquiries. In addition, this person is responsible for working with the Capture and Proposal team to maintain a library of approved content and ensure that this content is updated on a continuous basis.
The Proposal Technical Writer role requires a collaborative team member who can effectively work across all levels of AWS, gathering information and producing critical content under tight deadlines. The candidate must be able to proactively engage with key AWS stakeholders to ensure that all written content is appropriate and up to the highest quality standards, while maintaining complete fidelity to accuracy and proper handling of sensitive or classified data. The Proposal Technical Writer must be an outstanding writer with the ability to convey complex technical solution, security, and compliance information within the Enterprise IT / Cloud Computing domain space in a highly readable, customer-focused format. The Proposal Technical Writer must be able to understand RFx requirements, synthesize technical discussions with AWS technical resources and leverage existing documentation to develop effective responses including both written and graphic content.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the Capture and Proposal Managers to identify required content for responses
- Effectively utilizes pre-approved documentation to address recurring content inquiries and develop tailored RFx responses
- Engages with Account Executives, Partner Development Managers, Solution Architects and other AWS technical resources to draft content for RFx responses and other required documentation for partners and customers
- Engages with key AWS stakeholders to conduct research, develop appropriate content, and garner approvals
- Organizes material and completes all writing assignments in a timely manner with quality and adherence to both RFx and internal AWS standards
- Documents and maintains a library of approved content, which is updated continuously
- Drives and organizes proposal content on content management system to maximize reuse effectiveness and utility
- Reviews final documents for editing and content review
- Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals