Marketplace Business Planning Team is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Senior Category Merchant Manager (CMM) to help shape the future of our 3rd party marketplace. The CMM role offers the unique opportunity to own a sizable portion of a category P&L while also driving large scale, high visibility projects across different Amazon teams.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. He/she is analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and has strong writing skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
The CMM will have several key responsibilities within the 3rd party Marketplace side of the business, including:
• Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with Leadership on planning and business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience and maximize unit and GMS growth through timely analysis and action.
• Business Development: You will work closely with Marketplace teams to help recruit strategic sellers and add selection for the category
• Seller management: Manage a portfolio of Sellers and enhance overall Seller experience with better self-service and reporting resources.
• Project management: Automate and scale the category level growth via new selection, product listing quality and instock opportunities via Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). Partner with technology teams to drive automation and scalability across the worldwide organization.
•Customer Experience: Work within the category to identify customer pain points and create new or improved experiences for the customer.
The successful CMM must be able to:
• Act as the ‘business owner’ for his/her categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the category, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives)
• Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to deliver site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
• Manage seller relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds from top sellers
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets. Identify the right referral fee for different category segments to maximize topline growth.