We are seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to join our Japan team and help build our Japan entity. This is a highly visible role with exposure to all functional departments. In addition to daily and monthly responsibilities, the Sr. Finance Manager will also execute ad hoc projects and create new processes to support our Japan entity. Our ideal candidate will be equally comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently, can handle multiple projects at once, and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve. The Sr. Finance Manager will report to the International Controller.
- Ownership of the monthly, quarterly, and annual closes while implementing and maintaining adequate mechanisms and forums for reviews, decision making and escalations to US Corporate Finance Team
- Review and manage monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations
- Driving standardization and continuous improvement of processes and controls to obtain the highest integrity of financial reporting (US, local GAAP, and management reporting)
- Driving functional projects on a cross-country level, such as new initiatives and implementing best accounting/controllership practice to enhance and deepen the control environment
- Prepare monthly financial reporting to US Corporate Finance Team
- Enhance and improve Oracle system and processes
- Create ad hoc reports by utilizing multiple databases