*This position requires business level in Japanese and English in writing, reading, speaking and listening. There will be language skill check as first screening. Please submit resume in Japanese and English when you apply.
IT Program Manager III – IT Deployment Project Manager
The Global IT Deployment organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects and is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers’ orders. This includes management of site launches across the globe and directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As an IT Deployment Project Manager, you will lead a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across your region. You will focus on delivering the design, procurement, deployment, and lifecycle of IT infrastructure and equipment. As a single point of contact for the project team, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management. Key Responsibilities
· Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution coordinating remote work closely with field teams.
· Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
· Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
· Own updates and knowledge documentation regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate hardware standards are met and the correct equipment procured.
· Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify issues, and devising contingency plans.
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths and with maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects in the PPM tool.
· Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality, inspect prospective and completed facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, and ensure proper follow-up.
· Facilitate formal turn-over with onsite team, support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon launch/project milestone is achieved.
· Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
· Identify opportunities to streamline deployments, share best practices with your peers and leaders and implement continuous improvement actions on a regular basis.