Localization Instructional Designer - Japanese
Are you People Obsessed
, passionate about growing resilient, bar-raising talent that evolves with business needs? Fearless
? Not afraid to ask audacious questions to ignite potential? The Amazon Seller Support learning, engagement and development team is the place for you!
The Seller Support business and its many thousands of global contact center Associates are critical to the success of several Amazon services including Marketplace, Fulfillment by Amazon, Global Selling, and B2B. We enable Sellers large and small to delight customers in unexpected ways, helping them build their businesses, and compete across the globe.
We cannot support our Sellers without first engaging our Associates. We believe every employee interaction builds trust, increases performance and drives engagement to enable extraordinary Seller experiences. To be effective these Associates need to be trained with materials localized into the native language of the Sellers they support. We’re looking for a Localization Instructional Designer who can help make this happen. Engage. Scale. Amplify.
The Learning Experience team is responsible for the training materials used during some of the first interactions Associates have with Amazon, and the team continues to engage, support and develop associates throughout the entirety of their Amazon lifecycle. Learning Experience team members know how to create content based on current adult learning best practices and how to communicate a training philosophy and vision that will affect change through engaged leadership. They understand the future direction of the business and adapt the training development strategy accordingly. They collaborate with the training delivery teams to generate innovative solutions to challenging business problems. And they champion the voice of the Associates to shape our business on behalf of our Sellers. Partner.
We cannot act alone to improve the Associate and Seller experience. The Localization Instructional Designer proactively aligns stakeholders, capabilities, and resources to achieve complex objectives quickly. They display a strong customer focus and ability to effectively build relationships, earn trust, and establish credibility. They cultivate strong partnerships across the organization to ensure we are balancing Associate, Seller and Amazon needs. They are a strong communicator cross-functionally, cross-culturally, and across levels. They work closely with all those who rely on training content that is accurate and appropriate for the target audience. People Obsessed.
The Localization Instructional Designer is committed to fostering a positive team environment where challenge is expected and fearlessness is celebrated. Our bar is high; we don’t suffer mediocrity. The Localization ID feels a great deal of ownership, strives to make themselves better, and can bring out the very best in their peers and their team. The Role.
The Localization Instructional Designer position will be responsible for the localization of our technical courseware – eLearning, ILT, VILT, and blended. This will include adapting existing courseware to make it relevant for global audiences, while ensuring that it is accurate and culturally appropriate for the target locale. In some cases it means translating the content into the target language. The role also requires developing courseware for new hires and specialty teams, creating assessments, surveys, quizzes, and other methods to evaluate the effectiveness of training and assess Associate learning and skill development. The role will also partner with Program team members and Subject Matter Experts for new launch and program training initiatives and will lead the localization work required for training and program success. Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Review translated materials and localize to target processes and procedures
- Translate appropriate content into Japanese
- Partner with program managers to scope program needs, training, and language differences for target operating units and audiences
- Adapt existing learning content to make it relevant for new target audiences
- Conduct program discovery sessions with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts including necessary front-end analysis to clearly define program and training outcomes, solutions, and success measures
- Present the content to trainers in train-the-trainer sessions Additional Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain all delivery media and eLearning application software
- Manage and maintain training content in the Learning Management System and other online repositories
- Design and develop – instructor guides, participant materials, glossaries, online tools, practice tests, performance support aids, online tutorials, etc.