Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want, online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Kindle Content Japan team is looking for Customer Service Manager who has relentless desire to drive process improvement, motivate and lead a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed customer service associates and team leads, all while analyzing systematic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems. This position will be based in Sendai, Japan.
The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for setting the vision, direction, and culture of his or her team by managing individual and team performance, expectations, and goals. This position will focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction by identifying broader customer-impacting issues and implementing solutions to drive quality and productivity, while achieving real time desired service levels. Primary Objectives People Management:
- Leading and developing a team of 10-15 associates; responsible for the overall direction, performance management, coordination, and evaluation of the team.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; performance managing employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Communicating policies to associates and becoming the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
- Standard Operating Procedures development and roll-out, especially related to new process creation.
- Accountability for setting and meeting team operational and business goals.
- Ability to speak to performance metrics with Senior Leadership and stakeholders.
- Candidates should be flexible to work weekends.
- Identifying customer impacting issues, working out and implementing solutions and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate in and drive the continuous improvement culture through 'kaizen' and lean projects. Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
- Assist in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
- Development, analysis, and improvement of new strategies and procedures.
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in line with the network-wide vision and goals.