· We are seeking a Senior Media Manager to lead our growing presence in mass media channels for Amazon’s retail services (Prime, Video, Fashion, etc.) and device brands (Fire TV, Kindle, etc.) in Japan. This role is a part of the local advertising team based in Tokyo with reporting responsibilities back into the Global headquarters in Seattle.
Your focus will be on media planning, buying, optimization and performance analysis across multiple mediums including television, print, digital and out-of-home, to help determine the optimal channel mix for future campaigns. You will be responsible for managing media agencies and other partners in order to achieve mass media goals. You will work closely with global and local marketing teams, and commercial leadership, to establish and implement mass media best practices, create rigorous analytical processes, and produce cost-effective advertising. The successful candidate will draw upon their project management experience to ensure we’re on-air, on-time, and on-budget across multiple campaigns and business initiatives.
As Amazon’s Sr. Media Manager, you’ll deliver mass media campaigns by:
- Acting as the primary contact for Amazon’s media agencies in Japan
- Working with senior management and agencies to produce impactful and cost-effective media plans
- Inputting into advertising portfolio strategy and investment models
- Developing test and learn scenarios to continue to innovate and expand media mix
- Managing budgets and timelines for media programs
- Preparing monthly budget forecasts for media spends
- Monitoring and analyzing key media buy metrics (CPP, CPM, CPC, etc.), quality, and campaign performance
- Establishing post-buy audit and optimization efforts to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the media plans
- Interfacing with Amazon commercial teams to evaluate incremental or cooperative media opportunities
- Interfacing directly with networks, affiliates and MSO’s to develop new & Innovative advertising programs and secure premium media
- Working alongside global advertising and media planning team on regional/global projects