External Job Description
Amazon is seeking a dynamic and motivated Marketing & Business Development Account Executive in South Korea for the Amazon Global Selling business. The Account Executive will be chartered with locating, targeting, marketing to and managing a pipeline of prospective S. Korean Sellers comprised of a mix of both high value and transactional Global Sellers. The primary goal of this role is to aggressively market to these Sellers the benefits of selling their products through Amazon’s marketplaces to support the Amazon Global Selling business in meeting its Seller acquisition and output goals.
Background on Amazon Global Selling: The Marketplace or “Selling on Amazon” business exists in 11 countries and exceeds 40% of total Amazon unit sales and growing. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Amazon’s vision is to offer the earth’s largest product selection and lowest prices for our customers. One way we deliver on this vision is by marketing to local country Sellers to persuade them to launch their products onto the platform thereby maximizing the quantity of items that they list while ensuring the highest quality of product images and information.
The ideal candidate will need to be agile in their approach and able to deal successfully with contacts at all levels while discussing the Global Selling on Amazon value proposition. Specifically, this person will be responsible not only for identifying, marketing to, and managing a pipeline of prospective S. Korean merchants, but also supporting high value projects to help expand our global outreach. Additional projects include working closely with other Amazon product teams, category managers, and all other internal stakeholders in order to provide support in scaling our Global Selling outreach and bringing unique selection to all Amazon platforms.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
· Identify, qualify, market and cultivate Seller’s commitment to the Selling on Amazon program.
· Analyze customer data and make recommendations to the Amazon Global Selling business. Execute successfully on the marketing plan recommended.
· Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
· Serve as an informational liaison to Amazon’s legal team during contract negotiations with prospective customers.
· Prospect business leads and distribute these leads to Amazon’s global marketplaces to assist the Global Selling business in achieving its quarterly quota targets for both the quantity and quality of local country sellers recruited.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings and international markets.
· Prioritize and complete additional projects while continuing to market the Amazon Global Selling business to prospective new Sellers such as mentorship, competitive analysis and marketplace analysis.
· Prepare and deliver business reviews of the S. Korean business regarding its progress in expanding the applicable marketing network and the overall state of health for the respective territory.
· Meet or exceed marketing targets and operational metrics
· Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Global Selling service to S. Korea Sellers.
· Engage with Sellers to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Amazon Services product set.
· Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Amazon products along with the features and functionalities.
· Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Amazon Global Selling business.