- Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment).
- Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and kernels.
- Experience in consultancy role, assisting and mentoring junior DBA staff.
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions.
- Experience with backup/restore functionality using RMAN.
- Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
- Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills.
- Experience implementing and supporting Oracle FSFO.
- Working knowledge of at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C++, C#) and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl).
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.