Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company is seeking a dynamic leader for our award winning customer service team. The Senior Manager of Support Services is responsible for championing the needs of customers throughout the company through the development and deployment of systems, tools, and mechanism that reduce customer effort. This position is the company role model of customer advocacy. To achieve this end, this senior manager has responsibility for multiple teams located in Japan which have a close working relationship with operations, all internal Amazon business teams, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, and Fulfillment Teams within Japan and equivalent program teams worldwide. Responsibilities:
This role reports to the Director of Customer Services within Japan, is a direct member of the Senior Japan Customer Service Leadership team. This team is divided in to 5 segments: Business Engagement which includes the Voice of the Customer and New Business Intake Team, Voice of the Associate Team which includes Knowledge Management, Training Content Development and training operations, and Customer Self Service, Customer Experience Team which includes Andon Cords, Concessions, CX Experience and contact reduction, and a Tech Team which includes CS technology product and program development and deployment.
Amazon Customer Priorities are summarized as:
- Advocate for the Customer
- Reduce Contacts
- Self Service
- Build work class human engagement with customers.
This is a critical leadership role that underpins the expansive growth of Amazon Japan. This person will be responsible the development and management of 5-9 direct reports with indirect reports of 50-100 people. This person must also demonstrate flexibility in work hours based on business need. Travel domestically and internationally is also required. Accountabilities
· Responsible for empowering the business teams with systems and institutionalized knowledge on how to understand the voice of the customer through data and anecdotes that leads to an output of contact reduction and business development.
· Responsible for building, maintaining, and delivering on a CS Intake process that allows Amazon business to build CS process and support for all business launches and processes with an output of meeting all launch readiness deadlines set by business team with customer centric process that result in lower than expected customer contact.
· Responsible for the development of automated defect detection and elimination processes like Andon Cord and Concession reduction.
· Responsible for developing a proactive mapping of customer journey and their impact on customer experience and contact volume. This responsibility is working proactively with cross functional teams to remove waste and effort from the customer experience with a reduction in defects and contact volume.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining process and mechanisms for real time escalation detection and resolution across business lines with an output of reduced outage and impact to the customer experience.
- Responsible for the development of all training materials and the effective support and delivery of training interventions around all owned and partner managed sites across the Amazon JP portfolio.
- Take accountability for Regional quality measurement and performance; provide functional leadership to the Quality department in each Amazon JP and each owned and partner operated site.
- Set KPI’s in line with Amazon expectations and ensure that all sites are equipped with the appropriate, best in class, material and support to deliver continuous performance improvement.
Self Service Systems and Technologies
· The development and deployment of self service options for customers with an output of reducing customer effort and eliminating the need for human support when appropriate. This includes the Amazon Help Pages, but also the creation and deployment of innovative technologies like machine learning and dynamic search to reduce customer effort.
· Responsible for a technology team that can work with global tech teams that build tools, products, and services that can be deployed on time to the Japan marketplace with relevant localized requirement.
· Responsible for Tech Software Development Engineers that can build and deployment software technology that enhance the customer’s experience to buy products and services with reduced effort and friction. Business Activities and Impact:
- Equip Amazon with the ability to understand and reduce both contact volumes and causes of customer dissatisfaction
- Equip Amazon to deliver greater resolution at the front end - reduce cycle times
- Introduce standardized practices across the JP Region to continue to simplify how customers can obtain the right level of support from Amazon.
- Develop centers of best practice / category expertise, especially in relation to new products and offerings.
- Reduce costs whilst increasing performance through the deployment of Lean methodologies.
- Continue to build upon the framework to drive outstanding performance through the Amazon people
- Correct behaviors
- Ownership and accountability
- Making a difference to the customer experience
- Accountable for scorecard metrics to be deployed most effectively, including One Contact Resolution and a full basket of measures to deliver a high class service to customers.