Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Finance Managers work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to manage fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense between which details that make all the difference, and those that don’t add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
This position is within our Japan Transportation Finance team and will partner with the business team responsible for the significant part of our transportation network provider by large commercial carriers. The Senior Finance Analyst, Transportation will work mainly in Meguro, our JP HQ, and have primary responsibility for analyzing the service and network design and capacity of our commercial transportation partners and driving value creation opportunities. Transportation continues to grow in importance for Amazon Japan as our largest expense and as our rapidly expanding network increases in complexity.
Job Responsibilities include:
•Recommend, develop and implement policies and programs that support and guide your business partners in maintain and improving its competitive position.
• Manage and participate in finance and accounting activities across our Last Mile transportation activities
• Analyze network and service design, develop business intelligence on the financial and operational performance of service providers and develop an analytical framework that gives deep insight into how value is created and how it is destroyed in the relationship.
• Partner with your team and develop all planning, forecasting, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your operations & other business partners
• Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
- Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful business reporting