The Strategic Partner Director, Japan Publishers & Developers is the conduit for all game companies needs to the internal teams at Twitch. You will nurture relationships with top gaming companies and help coordinate projects across internal teams. You will also educate game companies on all Twitch products and services and be their voice within our company.
This role’s primary responsibility will be to lead the game companies to adopting Twitch’s content, marketing, esports and technical products. You will help internal teams achieve their product penetration goals as it relates to your game company partners. You will also nurture relationships with top game developers and help coordinate projects across internal teams.
The Strategic Partner team is a part of the Central Business Development team and works cross-functionally with the Twitch Marketing, Sales, Business Operations, Esports, Content Strategy, Partnerships and Developer Success teams.
The ideal candidate has worked with game developers in Japan closely at the business level, and has strong relationships with the leading companies in the market.
- Define, drive and execute Twitch's long-term strategy with some of the most strategic gaming partners in Japan (Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, ...)
- Build and establish close relationships with each partner's senior level executives
- Fully understand the partner’s objectives, effectively communicate them internally, and formulate strategies to help Twitch meet these goals
- Ensure understanding of all Twitch Business Units’ products and develop go-to market strategies to implement those products with partners
- Work closely with Twitch technical, community, and marketing teams to source opportunities and educate gaming partners when needed
- Maintain a high-level of games industry expertise, from evaluating the trends of top new games to fully understanding how a content program is developed
- Travel regularly to games industry events to stay current on trends and new innovations
- Work with an internal CRM to manage partner initiatives and track status