As a Software Development Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and work with a team of extremely talented engineers. You will help invent on behalf of Amazon customers building new features, design systems, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable distributed services. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of customers. We will hire class of 2019 interns for the Consumer Tech team and the Search team.
Japan Consumer Tech, a global software development group based in Tokyo will hire class of 2019 interns. Our mission is to define and develop innovative, highly scalable and available software (platform, services, and customer experience) for the Consumer Business focusing on Japanese customers. We build software that is Japan first, but not Japan only.
There are four core technical teams:
: is focused on building the best in-class experience for customers who shop for clothing, shoes, jewelry and watches on both desktop and mobile devices. We aspire to be the leader in fashion e-commerce and opportunistic on setting the standard. We develop features for browsing, search, detail page, and perform analytics to continuously improve the customer experience. ・Mobile Shopping
: focuses on Japan specific initiatives in the mobile space. We work on features across all mobile platforms including mobile web, tablet, and phone applications. Our projects address two areas of customer need: invention and acceleration. We invent and innovate in areas that are specific to the Japanese mobile marketplace and work to accelerate the international expansion of globally beneficial mobile features. ・Amazon Points Platform
: is focused on providing a best in class loyalty points program for all product categories on Amazon.co.jp. In addition to working on the Points Platform, our team integrates and works with all of Amazon’s key systems including search, product detail pages, shopping cart, order pipeline, and customer service. ・Japan Consumer Experience
: accelerates features (last mile), innovation, and where appropriate, local differentiation across all of our existing and emerging international locales. We make sure that each of our websites is a thoughtful combination of Amazon known best practices and unique last mile engineering driven by Japan’s customers’ needs. Our work spans the technology stack from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology and has very high visibility to senior leadership with small teams owning high impact projects.
The Amazon Search team will hire class of 2019 interns. We create powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions using cutting-edge technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, Amazon Product Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. We continuously push the limits of scalability while maintaining superb availability and cost efficiency.
We are seeking energetic and self-driven individuals to join our talented team of engineers here in Tokyo. Search Infrastructure comprises of a set of massively scaled, highly available, distributed web services that are continuously evolving. These services provide the Indexing and core search engine technologies that power Amazon's product search capabilities.
In joining our Amazon Search team here in Tokyo, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the impressive resources of Amazon.com (AMZN).
As an Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will:
· Design, develop and support a world-class product search platform deployed across tens of thousands of machines serving hundreds of billions of daily requests while simultaneously handling hundreds of millions of product updates worldwide.
· Immerse yourself in providing cutting edge solutions to large scale information retrieval problems.
· Have a relentless focus on scalability, latency, performance robustness, and cost trade-offs -- especially those present in highly virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environments.
· Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure and evaluate the consequences of designs and the ongoing success of our platform.
· Work alongside a dedicated operations team to develop and support, the continuous operation of our worldwide service.
· Join a great group of motivated, top-notch engineers. You’ll work with them to solve interesting and useful problems in a fun, collaborative environment.
· Directly participate in setting the vision and objectives for your team's work in alignment with business and market needs.
· See the fruits of your efforts used by hundreds of millions of users within weeks.