The Rack Operations Technical team is responsible for processing and facilitating large scale Data Center equipment through an installation process to ensure capacity availability. Similarly, the team is responsible for processing legacy equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be removed off-site. Team members will also process large volumes of customer data to ensure that all customer data is sanitized and properly managed.
This position requires candidates to be a self-starting, highly motivated individuals who can adhere to strict processes, perform repetitive tasks with no deviation, and demonstrate continuously consistent results.
Rack Operations Technicians will be working with their team-mates as well as with member of other teams and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
Amazon Data Centers takes customer data with the utmost importance, and selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensure customer data is protected and properly handled.
Responsibilities: · Installing new hardware in the data center
· Decommissioning and processing of legacy hardware out of the data center facilities
· Hard drive removal and destruction
· Connecting network uplinks (fiber optic and LAN)
· Basic Networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations
· Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
· Updating progress through a web ticketing system
· Reporting of processes and regular status updates
· Documenting procedures
· Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/required
· Moving/lifting packages usually no greater than 32kg
· Unpacking/repacking fragile electronics
· Relocating and moving of large enterprise equipment
· Occasional work during night and weekends