Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
You will be part of a team that is delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer for the Alexa Smart Device Services team to design and implement highly-visible core infrastructure that manages all internal and third-party smart devices with respect to device state and control. These systems are the underlying foundation to upcoming and future innovation.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
- The changes we make directly impact the customer experience usage of smart devices.
- You will deliver solutions that help shape the future technology around how customers interact with smart devices
- You will help recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
- This is a great position for someone who likes backend development, Amazon Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
- We’re looking for candidates that have implemented high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Software Development Engineer will:
- Solve complex architecture and business problems in an extensible and simplified way
- Innovate on and expand distributed systems
- Apply core software engineering skills daily – such as coding in Java, OO and systems design, and problem solving – while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills
- Be involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models that are used in Service Oriented Architecture
- Mentor other developers on the team or across teams
The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform as well as deep expertise in mobile application platforms.