This position is responsible for Payroll OE Project Manager & Business Analyst role. Payroll Operational Excellence & Business Analyst (OEBA) Project Manager
Do you want to be instrumental in the success of some of Amazon’s most strategic and highly impactful projects? Amazon’s Finance Operations Payroll team has an immediate opening for a seasoned Operational Excellence & Business Analyst (OEBA) whose experience illustrates a clear ability to support implementation of global process improvement along with technologies and services to meet long term business needs.
The OEBA role is self-driven, and goal oriented with a focus in delivering a business solution that meets the customers need. This role requires Lean Six Sigma expertise along with strong stakeholder management to drive process and system improvement. The OEBA is a member of a global team. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We will support local & global projects, processes, systems, and teams and therefore may require international travel on need basis (up to 40%). As an OEBA the person should possess Lean Six Sigma expertise and broad technology knowledge. Payroll industry expertise is preferred but not required. This is a mix of quantitative and leadership skills to identify process improvement & technology related opportunities and bring them to logical closure by applying stable and scalable solutions.
The OEBA person has to drive the culture of self-inspection and continuous improvement where acting on fact and eliminating defects and waste is the norm. They will be leading and mentoring projects, conducting training events, developing lean six sigma & business analytics training materials, and providing metrics on improvements and performance of the program. The OEBA have a documented track record of leading, building rapport, and mentoring process improvement teams consisting of members of all levels and functions, without formal reporting relationships. Finance OEBA has to demonstrate Amazon Leadership Principles. Responsibilities:
Manager Finance Payroll Black Belts & Business Analyst are expected to:
- Lead high impact Lean Six Sigma projects (DMAIC, DFSS, Kaizen, FMEA, etc.)
- Mentor Green Belts, Yellow Belts, and Kaizen leaders through their projects.
- Deliver Lean Six Sigma training (Green Belt, Kaizen, etc.)
- Act as a bridge between payroll operations and technical team for any system enhancements.
- Support Finance Payroll operations with continued development of training materials, problem solving techniques, and supporting to improve critical business metrics.
- Manage a portfolio of improvement projects Lean Six Sigma & BA related, including auditing of implemented projects to ensure that process improvements are sustained and benefits are realized.
- Represent Finance Payroll OEBA in local and global meetings/conference calls and with network-wide projects.
- Work with stakeholders and product owners to understand the users’ goals and objectives and identify success criteria.
- Lead efforts in analyzing, collecting, and prioritizing user requirements, and translate business requirements into technical design, processes and use cases.
- Partner with the development team on system design and gap analysis.
- Create and maintain software development artifacts such as requirements documentation, use cases, test cases, data flow diagrams, UI wireframes, and internal support documentation.
- Work with stakeholder requirements for scoping and understanding roadmap challenges. - Have the ability to recommend and design work around solutions when necessary.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure implemented solution meets defined success criteria.
- Communicate with Stakeholders, in a manner that enables them to have a common understanding of the product status, risks, and decision points of system or process changes.
- Partner with the PMO team in assessing tools, approaches, processes, methodology and techniques to improve efficiency.
Act as a project manager for small and medium size projects by directing, supporting and coaching project(s) team members and stakeholders and reporting on the project progress and status.