Amazon is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
The Data Center Chief Engineer (CE) is responsible for ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center is operating within contract parameters within third party Colocation facilities. Often this will be including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
· Management and leadership of DCEO Engineering Team
· Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance
· Responsible for the on-site management of shift technicians, senior shift technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures.
· Manage relationship with third party Colocation providers and their facility staff
· Responsible for the operation of and management of both routine and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
· Data Center capacity planning and reporting
· May assist in the design and build out of new facilities
· May assist in projects to increase current Facility efficiency
· Work with IT managers and other business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency
· Deliver quality service and ensure all customer demands are met
· Procurement for DCEO related expenditure
· Responsible for asset and inventory management
· Assist in recruiting efforts