We are looking for a Sr. Product Specialist to join the Japan’s Amazon Media Group. In this role you will work with advertising sales teams, technical and operational partners, and advertisers and agencies to define the value proposition of the suite of products that Amazon Advertising has to offer, develop and implement programs and processes for the product readiness, and analyze business results.
Successful candidates will work as part of a team to expand in several groundbreaking areas of marketing, working with spanning a wide range of technologies and different arms of the advertising industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to have an impact driving for step-function changes for the ways in which marketers manage their business. The right person will have at least five years of product management or marketing experience, be highly analytical to select and digest the right signals from datasets and market patterns, and be calm in the face of fast-moving environments. Candidates must exhibit clear customer obsession, with strong product sensibilities to develop new concepts and drive feature prioritization and trade-offs. Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills and strong customer focus.
Successful candidates in this role will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into a reality. They are delivery-focused, with a track record of shipping innovative, customer-centric, and successful products. This position has a high level of visibility, and you will need to be a strong leader, able to drive our roadmap and thinking in this space.
-Provide inputs to the US product development team to make sure that launching products meet JP customer requirements.
-Lead monthly review meetings with the product development teams and US stake holders.
-Build GTM strategies for launching products based on JP market segment requirements and product team inputs and land those strategies with the local teams.
· Managing prioritization and trade-offs when readying new products for Japan launch by digesting and communicating product specifications, aligning details with industry benchmark and advertiser expectations, and landing strategic GTMs to maximize revenue.
· Audit launched products, analyze business results, identify sales blockers and iterate based on measurable results.
· Collecting key insights from business teams and customers on consumer behavior, pain points, and market trends to support data-based decision making.
· Translating the product vision into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap for the Japan marketplace, creating buy-in and drive engagement for the product vision with key internal and external partners, and establishing a healthy feedback loop.
· Writing complete and detailed product requirements and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business leaders, product management, and development teams.