Amazon seeks an experienced Business Intelligence Leader to join its fast-growing International Seller Services business. International Seller Services drives the growth of Amazon’s marketplace businesses outside of North America as well as recruiting of sellers around the globe. This Sr. Manager role will be based at our Seattle HQ, reporting into the Finance Director of Finance/Business Analytics for International Seller Services, and manages teams in multiple locations around the world.
As a Business Intelligence leader, you will be responsible for translating transactional, performance, and operating data into actionable insights that improve our day to day execution and the seller experience. This role will lead the worldwide analytics function, strategize and manage the growing information needs of International Seller Services. You will partner closely with global business leaders to develop a deep understanding of their business needs, then create innovative, insightful, and user-friendly tools that enable them to manage their businesses more effectively. You will also proactively drive analyses that will lead to deeper insights and recommendations.Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to earn trust with partners and diverse teams around the globe.
In addition to analyses and business insights, you will be responsible for the overall data architecture strategy which will include how we provide our business partners timely, flexible, and structured access to business data. Your team will build and maintain database solutions that are used for weekly/monthly reporting and drive business decisions, which requires working with the massive amount of data available through our Data Warehouse. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using both third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards, and administering the platform software in order to create a culture where data and analytics are the foundation for a solid decision making process. Your focus should include a strong penchant for automation and the widespread application of Machine Learning across multiple business processes.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate? You must have a passion for using data in order to drive business decisions and create actionable insights. You have vision and can lead a sizable team to invent simplified, insightful, automated solutions for the Seller Services business. You thrive at analyzing and modelling very large datasets, diving below the surface to identify the root cause and the core issues rather than just superficial trends. You love leading cross-functional projects that will directly impact the commercial performance of the business.
If this describes you, then you could be a great fit for this role. Responsibilities include:
- Strong leadership and vision for how to drive a Business Intelligence team to create changes in business partnerships, analytics, and metrics/reporting.
- Full ownership of current reporting owned by the Seller Services Finance & Business Intelligence team
- Lead the analytics for cross-functional projects across multiple geographies working with senior business leaders on major initiatives.
- Drive development of tools, reporting improvement and automation worldwide, and create new innovative and insightful reports in a timely manner.
- Analyze current and historic performance ahead of local business reviews, providing effective and data-driven business challenges to the commercial and finance teams.
- Provide analytical support such as the evaluation of business proposals.
- Support Marketplace and other business teams with ad-hoc data requests and analytical needs, projects and deliver advanced SQL support and training.