Amazon is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Business Development leader to negotiate and execute partnerships with the leading companies to accelerate Amazon's growth in mobile. Our Business Development team is responsible for generating and executing complex and high impact partnership deals spanning across Amazon business units in retail and digital. This position will leverage your strong understanding of mobile, e-commerce, and high-tech industries to structure innovative partnerships.
This role will be highly visible at senior levels of Amazon both in Japan and the US. You will be working closely with key decision makers to develop strategies to expand their presence in mobile and negotiate deals to achieve their goals. You will be reporting directly to Director of Corporate Planning and Development in Japan, but also need to interact frequently with US Mobile Business Development team, which is responsible for managing worldwide mobile partnership deals for Amazon. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Understand the business plans and priorities of various Amazon business units such as Retail, Prime, Video, Kindle, Music, Appstore, among others.
- Act as a forward-thinking thought leader to internal management members in developing strategies to advance Amazon’s presence in mobile.
- Identify partnership opportunities with leading companies including mobile carriers, OEMs, and other high-tech companies.
- Engage our target partner companies by articulating Amazon’s vision, services, and value propositions to customers and partners.
- Structure deals which are aligned with the interests of Amazon, customers and partners.
- Drive all aspects of both external and internal negotiations to a successful close.
- Lead cross-functional teams to manage initiatives associated with the deals.
- Monitor the performance of existing deals on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage senior-level relations with Amazon’s partner companies.
- Own account management activities on a regular basis to create additional opportunities.