Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
The Amazon device team designs & engineers high profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We provide customers a fully integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
The ADS(Alexa Data Services) team is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the recently launched Amazon Echo product. Position Description Quality Assurance Manager is
a newly created role to build world class Data Quality processes, metrics, tools, and solutions for Alexa Data Services.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will create and implement a strategy driving the quality of our data to a world class level while setting the goals of Quality Assurance associates. In addition to experience with building and leading successful data quality assurance programs, we're looking for someone to drive quality through data, people, process, and technology improvements and drive engineering excellence across multiple teams. The Role:
The successful Quality Assurance Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class program for continuous improvements, able to develop and drive a detailed quality strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to executing that strategy. In this role, you will:
· Work with Customer and Operations teams to understand data and quality needs
· Develop, execute, and measure quality improvement strategies
· Oversee the development and execution of quality programs and monitoring and reporting
· Set directions/goals for a team of Quality Auditors on process quality
· Work with a team of Quality Auditors to ensure the highest quality data delivery
· Provide production quality health report to management and lead the continuous improvement activities accordingly
· Verify Quality Metrics in place and meet goals, trigger containment actions and corrective actions as appropriate
· Lead and support problem solving activities for Quality Alert as well as any other quality issues
S(he) should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. S(he) will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. S(he) will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. S(he) should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define quality goals. This position involves regular communication with senior management on quality program status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be a recognized expert for their quality management and quality improvement abilities. Summary of Responsibilities
· Work with teams in quality audit teams, define quality measures at team level and metrics to be tracked.
· Establish quality standards by role, region and vertical. Engage data engineering and analytics to deliver automated solutions, where possible.
· Assess performance of quality metrics; surface exceptions to the respective teams. Setup and execute processes to enable operations to drive corrective actions as necessary.
· Setup and execute processes to verify the corrective action effectiveness and report
· Co-ordinate with data engineering to create and distribute canned analysis reports where automated solutions do not exist.
· Setup and execute processes for performing quality reviews to unearth insight or patterns that can be used to drive operational efficiency, further control cost per transaction of the operations teams.
· Work closely with Workforce, Analytics, Data Engineering, and Software Engineering teams to drive initiatives on Operational efficiency.