At Amazon, we aim to become Earth’s most Customer-Centric Company and we continue to innovate our customer engagement marketing programs now and in the future where we thrust ourselves to completely redesigning the way we communicate with our customers. Two critical missions of Consumer Marketing team in Japan are 1) to drive and innovate online marketing programs to make Amazon the ultimate shopping and entertainment destination for customers in Japan (and potential customers in outbound nations) and 2) to provide the best-in-class customer experience with highly personalized engagement programs. Head of Customer Engagement plays a critical role in realizing both missions. The areas of responsibility include the most strategic online marketing programs that generate traffic and sales across Amazon’s websites; more specifically, the programs include Email Marketing, Push/Mobile App communication, Social Marketing, and Company Wide Cross Functional Campaigns. In addition, Head of Customer Engagement will lead formulation of Amazon Japan’s CRM strategy where leveraging the above managed marketing programs in seamless and sequential manner in multiple device/touchpoint environment to provide the best in class customer engagement experience. This position is one of the key leaders of Consumer Marketing Japan, and manages teams of Outbound Marketing (in charge of Email and Push), Social Marketing (in charge of Social Media Engagement and Social Media Ads) as well as Cross-Site Marketing (in charge of Amazon Japan’s Top page management, and Company Wide Cross Functional Campaigns). The impact of this role is significant and broad, accounting for a large percentage of all amazon.co.jp traffic and sales. The position reports to Director, Online Marketing.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Lead formulation of a robust customer engagement strategy which includes data driven approach for customer clustering and segmentation with sequential nurturing programs using various online marketing channels.
- Drive sales from marketing programs under the responsibility, while providing engaging customer communication programs at a scale.
- Innovate the way we communicate with our customers in Japan for not just current managed marketing channels but future engagement platforms in multi-device, multi-channel, and multi-modal touchpoints. Work closely with Consumer Marketing Platform team overseas in designing, planning, and launching new features/programs based on Japan specific requirements.
- Enhance customer experience by improving customer targeting scheme with highly personalized contents in state-of-the-art precision and accuracy. Work closely with Consumer Marketing Analytics team overseas in planning, customizing, and launching new targeting features/algorithms based on Japan specific requirements.
- Help Amazon meet or exceed goals in sales, profitability, new customers, and sign up volume for various customer benefit programs.
- Develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with the product category leadership to achieve shared goals. Maximize opportunities identified through collaboration with product category teams.
- Work with Consumer Marketing finance team to pursue further upside opportunities.
- Work closely with technology teams worldwide, in areas of Consumer Marketing, Mobile, and Website Platform. Make sure the company’s infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of Consumer Marketing team’s programs.
- Proactively share and learn worldwide best practices, to mutually help among worldwide marketing teams and achieve goals.