Are you passionate about innovative technologies? The New Technologies team is looking for an experienced Product Management to define the end-to-end vision and strategy.
You will understand customer requirements and then be responsible for creating and driving product roadmaps and features. In this role you will work directly with third party developers to understand their needs and aspirations. You will create business requirements documents and also define capabilities on the platform. Your goal will be to create an efficient pipeline for home-grown features that achieves high customer engagement.
A successful candidate will have strong passion for customers and experience in developing high engaging experiences. You have a background in software development and product management, specific to software platforms and ecosystems. You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively across multiple organizations, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. You are part of a team that is a center of excellence of feature development. You are expected to share and identify ways to share best practices with 3P partners and broader feature development community.
· Write product/marketing requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams.
· Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against customer experience and time to market.
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
· Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success.
· Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers and developers.
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Is strongly oriented towards results
· Thinks big