The India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon’s fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market.
If you are looking for an opportunity to lead strong dev teams and build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today!
As a Development manager, you will identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will develop a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and SDEs across the company on this high impact initiative. You will design, build and own mobile-first features and programs that will delight our India customers. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on amazon.in marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Leverage consumer behavioral insights and work with machine learning teams to model and create great consumer experiences.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports