At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
Based from our Japan head office in Tokyo, Amazon is now looking to hire an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Manager for Amazon in Japan. Role Overview
The Manager, Transportation Planning role is an exciting role within Amazon, you will be responsible for leading the JP Transportation analytics, volume forecasting, demand planning and optimizing across different transportation modes for Last Mile Capacity Planning. You will also act as a point contact for JP Transportation, Fulfilment Centers and Supply Chain on network decisions, pertaining to delivery network planning and rolling out new programs and tools and monitoring ongoing success.
The ideal candidate will be one who thrives in a fast paced, constantly changing environment and is excited to take ownership of the technical configuration aspects required to enable both daily operational requirements and long term business initiatives and goals. Responsibilities:
· Management of operations supply chain analysis/ financial analysis, business process analytics, and systems within a fast paced metrics driven environment
· Coordinate with Tech Teams to build tools on forecasting and Volume Planning.
· Management of daily use of SQL and other business analytical tools
· Proactively gather data from appropriate sources, to consider all facts and other perspectives.
· Conduct daily root cause analysis, taking into consideration long term business objectives plans and goals, whilst ensuring prioritization of key factors.
· Escalate, articulate and overcome operational and technical obstacles to ensure continued business success.
· Produce regular reports and analysis, write systems queries to gather performance data, and perform data-mining and analysis using reporting tools to identify trends and improve forecast accuracies, as well as identify opportunities for cost savings