Amazon retail procures products, for sales on its website, from millions of vendors worldwide. Amazon treats our vendors as customers and partners, and takes constant efforts to maintain relationship with the vendors
Amazon JP retail is looking for Sr. Product Manager (“Sr. PM”) for strategic vendor program, who will be responsible for innovating and implementing vendor service programs that provide superior vendor experiences and encourage their continuous investment on us. New programs will enhance performance of key vendors in selection, availability & operational efficiency, traffic & marketing, conversion, strategic / business judgements. The programs will also enable Amazon to focus on continuously increasing efficiency and lowering the cost to serve our vendors through system automation, technical innovation, process standardization, quality control, and operational excellence.
Product Management team reports to Vice President of Total CE and Sr. PM will lead projects that span across the nine businesses in Total CE (e.g. Electronics, Wireless, Audio& Video, Personal Computers, Camera, Office Products, Music Instruments, Kitchen, and Major Appliances). Sr. PM will closely collaborating with those nine business teams as well as US/EU PM teams and operation service teams in China and Japan.
Key responsibilities include;
· Innovate vendor service programs for strategic key vendors to maximize their performance on Amazon platform
· Define a service model with target vendor criteria, service menu, fee structure
· Build scalable operation for the program to increase efficiency and lower the cost to serve our vendors
· Lead system automation, technical innovation, process standardization, quality control
· Implement smooth migration of process and organization and achieve operation excellence
· Lead cross functional efforts with domestic and international organizations to launch new programs, monitor the progress, and timely modify them for improvement
· Drive growth and profitability of Amazon retail business by fueling a virtuous cycle
· Highly ambitious and a “whatever it takes” mindset. Willing to take on tasks, not just suggesting and analyzing
· Capable of working in ambiguity. No set tasks, need to identify projects, set own goals, and work with cross functional teams
· Ownership-Understand that ALL issues pertaining to the business is her/his issue. Propose and execute actions and challenge others to do same
· Bias for action-Work hard and smart. Quick action based on solid analysis.
· Focused on the right goal, is motivated, and keeps on trying regardless of setbacks.
· Highly logical and can communicate complexities concisely
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo). Ability to raise the bar and influence others not in reporting line
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
· Strong analytical skills in interpreting business performance via financial metrics
· Teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves