Photo and Video Art Director, Amazon Studios (Level 6)
Amazon D1 JP is seeking a talented Photo and Video Art Director for our editorial photo and video creatives team in Tokyo, Maguro Japan, to lead and work with the team to achieve high visual excellence. As an ideal candidate for this role, you should demonstrate a strong visual aesthetic, impeccable visual sense, and an ability to tell a clear and compelling brand story across photo and video mediums. In this role, you will partner with in-house Creative Directors, Site Experience Art Directors, Video Directors and Business Partners to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand visual solutions in support of Amazon Japan. Further, the candidate is expected to build a stronger team through invent and simplify the creative process and increase capacity by searching and hiring additional team members to accommodate future business growth.
D1 is a part of XCM, Cross-Category Cross-Channel Marketing team in Amazon. D1 is XCM’s creative arm. To accommodate the company’s fast-growing creative needs, our scale and categories of creatives are also rapidly increasing. D1 is responsible for not only the customer-facing site experience but also new service launching video, SNS video advertisements, to mass advertisements.
If you are passionate about developing a world-class visual excellence through photo and video while working with a global team of talented creative leaders and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves, we are looking for you.
• Closely collaborate with Creative Directors, Site Experience Art Directors, and Video Directors to define strategic objectives and deliver results.
• Partners with Site Experience Art Directors and Video Directors to ensure alignment on concepts for marketing initiatives before we shoot.
• Partners with production to ensure healthy freelance talent pool and ideal team pairings and assemble teams such as photographer, MUA, wardrobe and prop stylist as well as models and talents, location for the photo shoot or video shoot.
• Work within existing style conventions while contributing to their evolution.
• Approves all retouching for regular events and some special initiatives.
• Oversees general productivity, performance, and accuracy of deliverables on the set as a primary on-set art director.
• Present and define D1 work to peers, stakeholders and senior executives.
• Produce concepts sketches, storyboard, mood board in the effort of leading and aligning with associated creators.
• Effectively manage your time and associated teams for deliverables and deadlines with transparency.
• For future expansion of the business, build a team of internal and external Art Director, Associate Art Directors and manage their productivity and deliverable qualities.