Amazon Fashion in Tokyo is looking for an experienced manager to drive a team of PMs and Merchandise Planners from the tech, finance, and business strategy angles.
Holding the selection of products that customers want, but only if and when they want them is critical to the success of an e-commerce platform. This is especially challenging in a highly seasonal industry swayed by volatile trends like that of Clothing, Shoes, Watches and Jewelry. Add to that a lead time between committing to buy styles and lighting up the buy box for our customers often exceeding 6 months and more, and you find yourself with demand forecast, buying accuracy, and inventory optimization challenges that will keep this team busy for many years to come.
Amazon's Fashion team is looking for an exceptional talent to tackle those problems in order to make her shopping experience unique. This is a key people management role for the organization where you will be expectedr to rely heavily on your entrepeneurial spirit, analytical thinking and a strong bias for action. Your ability to influence without formal authority will also be put to test as you navigate complex team structures with dependencies spreading worldwide. You will be responsible for all initiatives aimed at systematically (i.e., based on systems feeding off large data sets and machine learning) improving the accuracy of our buys, and the disposing of unhealthy inventory. Together with your team, you will become thought leaders in your domain and influence the next generation of tools and processes tied to forecasting and planning. You will identify the root causes leading to inaccuracies in our current systems, scope programs to tackle each of them, and report back results to senior leadership. Reaching your objectives will drive both top and bottom line growth, the actual shopping experience, and ultimately, will delight our customers!Your Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, prioritization and execution of all forecasting & planning-related programs at JP Fashion
- Liaise with Category Leaders on joint initiatives to
- identify growth opportunities (e.g., introduce a new Open-To-Buy framework)
- improve long-term free cash flow (e.g., determine the best markdown cadence mechanism)
- Lead the adoption of the next generation of planning tools, including commitment buying and disposal of unhealthy inventory
- Stress test existing paradigms and the tools supporting them, surfacing improvement opportunities as appropriate
- Define business requirements that will become automated solutions throughout software development cycles
- Hire and develop the best; ensure that the team has all the resources to be successful
- Ensure that success metrics are on track, and devise a “path-to-green” plan when not
- Report results and seek approval for new initiatives to the Fashion leadership team
- Represent JP Fashion for global initiatives tied to forecasting and planning
- Sync with tech and non-tech teams in US/EU/CN/IN to share best practices and avoid known pitfalls