Amazon Fashion in Tokyo is looking for an experienced manager to drive strategic projects from the tech and business angles.
The team consists of PMs working on time-bound programs to 1) optimize/create the mechanisms underlying the JP Fashion business, and 2) improve the customer experience. They do so by applying a combination of technical and business expertise to introduce solutions that leverage tech/automation and centralized ops teams.
This is a key people management role where you will be expected to rely heavily on your entrepeneurial spirit, analytical thinking and bias for action. We are recruiting talented generalists who are looking to stretch themselves until they understand all facets of running a Retail online business. For instance, your team could go from driving programs on Catalog Quality and launching customer-facing features that facilitate the shopping experience one day, and then take on a larger role to overhaul our Promotion Strategy a few months later.
The role requires above all a hunger to learn, strong ownership, and a quantitative mindset. Together with your team members, you will identify opportunities for improvement, scope and execute programs, and report their impact on the larger team's effectiveness and on the customer experience. Your team will rely on a set of levers including large dataset analysis, offshore ops resources, and a range of automated and semi-automated solutions to reach your milestones. Your ability to navigate ambiguous environments and partner with decentralized teams spread across the world will be one of your strongest assets. Your team will also work with an embedded team of software developers that develop solutions tailored to the Japanese market's needs. Your Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, prioritization and execution of Amazon Fashion programs
- Hire and develop the best; ensure that the team has all the resources to be successful
- Uncover data insights, analyze and define program specifications
- Drive programs that you own to maximize outcome
- Produce status/progress reports including the key metrics defining success
- Identify opportunities to raise the bar of the customer experience at Amazon
- Define business requirements that will serve as the basis for new software development
- Lead across a complex landscape of stakeholders, both internal and external to the Fashion team
- Represent Japan Fashion on global initiatives
- Sync with teams in US/EU/CN/IN to share best practices and avoid known pitfalls