As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms, including credit cards, convenience store payment, netbanking, digital cash, cash on delivery and electronic gift certificates. Transactions are processed on behalf of thousands of merchants, including Amazon.co.jp. Amazon is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the Internet. We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Payments owns and maintains the software platform which processes 20+ payment methods worldwide. The Payments Business Operations team serves as both a service provider and business customer to payments-related businesses across Amazon.
The Japan Payments Program Manager is responsible for driving operational excellence in our payment methods. This role, based in Tokyo, will manage external payment partners to drive excellence and a world class customer experience for our mutual customers. This role will also partner with internal customers to identify points of friction, build a business case, set requirements and advocate for customer experience improvement projects. This role is required to serve as a hands-on analyst, resolving escalations, gathering data and driving projects to completion.
The ideal candidate has a strong history of managing others and is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's varied payment offerings as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems. He or she will be analytical and data driven in decision making, with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to develop others and must have superior verbal and written communication skills to be comfortable presenting issues to management. Fluency in Japanese and English, as well as knowledge of Japanese culture, is required. Primary responsibilities
- Manage a team JP based partner relationship managers, support their activities and develop their skills
- Manage operational relationships with external partners, holding partners accountable for performance and contractual commitments
- Recommend (with data and financial justification) and drive projects to improve customer pain points within larger Payments organization and services across Amazon
- Identify operational gaps in new offerings and set operational requirements for new projects
- Partner with internal teams to support new payment products or functionality post launch
- Resolve customer impacting issues with technology teams
- Develop metrics for assessing performance and trends
- Improve customers’ payments experience