Software Development Engineer – Java/Python Full stack
The goal of Amazon Catalog team is to enhance customer experience by providing a rich well-organized product catalog. We use scalable algorithms and machine learning on day to day basis to solve problems with sheer scale (billions of products), diversity (ranging from electronics to cosmetics to music in multiple languages), multiple data sources (millions of seller contributions, reviews and behavioral feedback from customers).
Amazon is a fast paced innovative company that is developing software that no one has attempted before. If you are a software developer who is passionate about writing code and loves to build distributed systems that are transactional, scalable, high throughput, fault tolerant and always available, then get in touch with us.
In the Normalization team you will be building a Big Data learning system that understands semantically equivalent values of product features from noisy and unstructured data. Use the knowledge to improve our product catalog at scale.
: You will build data analytical workflows to dig into the huge amounts of data available at Amazon using data mining, machine learning, and statistics. You will look for patterns, train thousands of models and use them to build solutions that improve the catalog quality. You will collect knowledge through crowdsourcing and train models that generalize across the catalog.
: You will process billions of records daily. You will build systems and design algorithms that are able to handle these large amounts of data and make sure the cloud usage scales sub-linear with the ever growing data size. At Amazon scale all traditional solutions fail.
: You will leverage Amazon’s cloud infrastructure. You will create production workflows and applications utilizing AWS technologies such as Hadoop/Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Simple Work Flow (SWF), Kinesis, Data Flow, RedShift and SQS. Ensure our systems run reliably in the face of variations in the input data and hardware failures in distributed systems using Spark/Scala for big data processing. You will build state-of-the-art UI tools using RESTful APIs, Spring MVC, Scala Play Framework, AngularJS/JQuery and Bootstrap.
- Writing high quality code, participating in code reviews, designing/architecting systems of varying complexity and scope, and creating high quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks.
- Participating in team meetings, stand-ups, and architecture/design discussions.
- Identify areas of improvement in our frameworks, tools, processes and strive to make them better. Evaluate our success metrics and evolve our reporting systems.
- Dive deep into the catalog data, understand different functional areas, and use your creativity to come up with techniques to improve the quality of Amazon’s product catalog.
- Participate in the roadmap definition for the team