Be a part of operating the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure! Amazon Web Services is seeking a motivated professional for a Data Center Logistics position. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
The Logistics is responsible for the oversight of multiple spare parts rooms located in staffed and un-staffed Data Centers. The role incorporates analyzation and continuous improvement around effectiveness of work methods, procedures, controls, and staffing. Logistics ensure performance plans are set, maintained, continuously improved upon, and difficult problems are met with creative solutions to achieve highly accurate and timely inventory movement throughout our Data Centers.
Key components of role:
· Generate and communicate highly accurate, accessible inventory metrics reporting to Stakeholders
· Creatively resolve problems and make department impacting decisions in a highly ambiguous environment
· Run stock level reports and analyze results; optimize on-hand stock levels in effort to decrease cost-to-serve and increase efficiency of stock holdings.
· Set and monitor inventory levels of stock rooms to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support build and repair activities.
· Work closely with the logistics purchasing team to ensure cluster level stock is kept at appropriate levels.
·Design, assess, and implement new strategies and initiatives to continuously exceed Customer expectations.
-Continuous improvement of processes through implementation of LEAN processes