Amazon Product Imaging is building one of the world’s best online shopping experiences through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design, enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, video production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. Amazon is continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing tens of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. Amazon is obsessed with innovating on behalf of its customers, and continually pushes beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is seeking a seasoned professional with proven creative management experience and a passion for clothing and retail. The ideal candidate: loves creating original solutions and collaborating with a passionate team; possesses a proven ability to motivate those around them with a clear vision and dedication to excellence; has demonstrated success translating business goals into an inspiring creative direction and design; starts with the customer in mind, understanding that creative is critical in the design of a successful shopping experience.
- Collaborate with Creative teams as well as development and business teams to deliver high-quality, scaleable, on-brand imaging solutions to build a superior customer experience
- Provide, design and manage documentation / SOPs, style guides, and specifications
- Mentor and inspire partners around the world, attracting / retaining the best performers
- Enhance the team knowledge of best practices and trends in Amazon Imaging
- Expert in understanding trends in web design/online marketing for fashion
- Hire, manage and mentor an effective team of art directors, stylists, hair and makeup artists
- Oversee the production of daily imaging, seasonal look books and videos to support and reinforce the vision and business objectives
- Translate merchandising and marketing strategies into creative execution, partnering with business/marketing teams to ensure that output meets brand and business objectives
- Provide on- set direction. Bring experience with photo shoots and how to effectively direct a crew from start to finish, including attitude, mood, styling, shot selection, etc.
- Develop budgets and timelines, allocating appropriate creative resources to projects
- Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative problem-solving
- Understand and respond to customer data, contributing to the strategy of future creative directions.
- Follow market trends and apply a keen understanding of the fashion marketplace to make decisions that will maximize the impact and effectiveness of creative voice
- Please submit cover letter with URL to your online portfolio