Amazon is seeking a dynamic and motivated Program Manager in South Korea for the Amazon Global Selling business. The Program Manager will partner with our Amazon Services marketing and business development team to solve problems and implement innovative business solutions that will enable S. Korean Sellers to launch at scale on Amazon marketplaces worldwide. This person will understand Seller pain points, gather business requirements and work directly with product managers around the world, aligning resources and leading multiple projects to completion. Additional projects include working closely with category managers and all other internal stakeholders in order to provide support in scaling our Global Selling outreach and bringing unique selection to all Amazon platforms. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They will have superb communication and project-management skills, and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way. They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, taking full control and responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
More specifically, the near term focus of this Program Manager lies in expanding the base of locally available logistics service providers and generating values for Sellers by developing/optimizing the service quality. During the course, this Program Manager will define areas for improvement in international shipping from Korea to US/JP/EU countries, prioritize the whitespaces, and collaborate with logistics service providers to drive them to devise and optimize the right services/programs.
Background on Amazon Global Selling: The Marketplace or “Selling on Amazon” business exists in 10 countries and exceeds 40% of total Amazon unit sales and growing. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Amazon’s vision is to offer the earth’s largest product selection and lowest prices for our customers. One way we deliver on this vision is by marketing to local country Sellers to persuade them to launch their products onto the platform thereby maximizing the quantity of items that they list while ensuring the highest quality of product images and information.
· Understand Seller pain points and gather business requirements to create innovative solutions for Sellers to launch at scale on Amazon marketplaces worldwide
· Create tools and processes to enable Marketing and Business Development Account Executive team to find the right Sellers and Selection
· Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings and international markets for opportunity analysis
· Prioritize and lead multiple projects to get the needed resources with product teams around the world
· Prepare and deliver business reviews of the S. Korean business regarding its progress in new product development pipeline
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Global Selling product to S. Korea Sellers
· Engage with merchants to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Amazon Services product set
· Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Amazon products along with the features and functionalities
· Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Amazon Global Selling business