Amazon.com is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technicians to join our growing team within infrastructure operations in Osaka, Japan. The candidate will work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment within Amazon Data Centers to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to develop innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The position responsibilities will include scaling support of several data center locations and be responsible for day to day assistance with capacity management. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Technical Project Managers
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Excellent network implementation and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology is also required. Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers are required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon’s vast network infrastructure, Network Technicians are expected to build or enhance tools, develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think proactively and innovatively. Responsibilities:
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of network cabling and standard optic types
- Familiarity with common networking terms.
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
- Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
- Up to 20% travel may be required
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter-connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
- Participate in the migration, basic configuration and roll out of new or upgraded hardware