Have you ever placed an order on Amazon.com? If the answer is yes (which we hope it is), then the chances are that your order went through our team’s systems!
- Every single retail purchase placed on Amazon's retail websites uses our team’s software
- Our systems process hundreds of millions of transactions per day
- Our team’s work impact millions of customers all over the world
The Amazon Delivery Experience team is seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Software Development Engineer to lead a team that powers the Checkout Delivery Experience on all of Amazon's Global retail websites and subsidiaries.
In this role, you will:
- Build highly extensible software systems to meet the rapid growth of Amazon's delivery business and capabilities.
- Evolve and build services that are highly reliable and extremely low latency
- Define and lead the architectural direction of the checkout delivery experience working with multiple, different teams across the company
- Build the next generation systems for representing delivery choices to enable rapid experimentation in the area of User Experience
Basically you get to lead a team in a fast-paced environment, guiding a team of smart software engineers to architect and build the right technical solutions to meet the needs of the business. You will have direct ownership over the design and architecture of new components aimed at improving the platform's extensibility, scalability, availability, and latency. We care about both delighting customers and
high quality software; we don’t sacrifice one for the other. We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions.