Amazon.co.jp is looking for a big thinking leader of Prime Products and Student. This leader will be responsible for developing and executing product strategy for Prime, and driving Student program as business owner. If you are looking for a highly strategic role with a big business impact, and passionate about inventing on behalf of our customers, this position is for you.
Jeff Bezos’ 2015 letter to shareholders called out Prime as one of Amazon’s three big offerings. Amazon launched Prime in 2005 in the US, and 2007 in Japan. Prime started with delivery benefits, and added digital benefits such as Prime Video, Prime Music, Kindle Owner’s Library, and Prime Photo. Today, Prime has become an all-you-can-eat, physical-digital hybrid that members love. Amazon Student program launched in Japan in 2012, offering 10% Points for books, in addition to Prime’s delivery benefits. Amazon Student program evolved and grew in tandem with Prime, adding a suite of Prime’s digital benefits. We want Prime and Student to offer such a good value, you’d be irresponsible not to be a member.
The key responsibilities of this role in Prime Products include development of product strategy and plans, project management, and execution against the product roadmap. The responsibility with Student Program include overall strategy formulation, member acquisition and engagement, product planning and management, and negotiation with partners. The position manages Prime Products and Student team, and reports to VP, JP Prime, who oversees Prime, Delivery Experience, Deals & Events, and Amazon Points program.
The following provides additional specifics of the responsibilities. Prime Products
- Develop product strategy for Prime, with the goal of improving program value built on delivery, shopping, and digital benefits.
- Start with customers and innovate customer-facing features for Prime and Student, driving conceptualization and working out requirements.
- Add new product features working closely with internal partners, such as digital teams, product categories, and seller services.
- Manage projects and drive execution in collaboration with Worldwide Prime products and technology teams
- Share and learn worldwide best practices, to mutually help among worldwide Prime and Student teams and achieve goals.
- Formulate strategy for Student Program to address customers’ needs and scale the business.
- Assess growth potential of the program, identify untapped opportunities, and develop action plans to address them.
- Acquire Student members through online/mobile and offline marketing programs, while meeting ROI criteria and managing marketing budget.
- Work closely with JP Prime Marketing and Consumer Marketing teams in executing marketing programs.
- Improve awareness of Student Program among target audiences.
- Benchmark against other Amazon locales as well as competitors, identify gaps and create plans to close them.
- Manage projects and drive execution for Student products, partnering with Worldwide Student team.
- Drive partnership deals and sponsorships with external partners for Student Program.