Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Enablement Program Manager to lead in the development and readiness of our AWS Sales resources. This means identifying gaps, developing programs, landing those programs as well as executing against our Field Enablement strategic priorities. This role will be responsible for improving productivity of our AWS worldwide Sales team from the initial onboarding through to continuous “always-boarding” across our portfolio of offerings, solutions and coaching framework. The Sales Enablement Program Manager for AWS Sales will be responsible for ensuring the field sales and their support partner organization is well-equipped with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to effectively coach sales teams to success in an environment of fast paced change and AWS’s current and new service offerings. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of sales or sales management experience and support role dynamics with the ability to map field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive sales enablement plan that scales globally. This individual will work very closely with team leader for each area. The ideal candidate would have several years in Field Sales Management, Field Sales Training and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Solution Architects and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple non-technical business units, as well as across other culture and geographies. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get things done. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform detailed business needs assessments in coordination with the Sales Leadership Team, Commercial Field Enablement Team and Operations to uncover gaps and roadblocks to sales coaching. Translate business needs into a field enablement plan for the broader group as well as customize the plan for specific needs.
- Create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of the cross-functional sales enablement coaching programs in conjunction with Sales Leadership and HR.
- Plan and participate in but not limited to: new manager training and on-boarding, weekly sales training, sales skills and tools training.
- Assist in the development of the master plan and calendar for sales enablement activities throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain an effective governance process focused on providing timely and targeted content for sales enablement and continuously improving the field knowledge transfer and learning needs.
- Design and implement metrics to measure training programs and impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Measure and report on the effectiveness of sales enablement investments.
- Review and manage the existing content library to determine opportunities to improve the learning experience, ensure the content is current and relevant and best technology is employed.
- Bring a light-hearted sense of humor to their work, crafting sustainable deep relationships with the team which they enable.