Want to be part of a revolution in digital entertainment? We’re Audible, an Amazon company, and we’re the leading digital provider of spoken word entertainment. Every day, millions of people around the world choose to be more entertained, informed, and educated by listening to over 200,000 fascinating stories, original programming and non-fiction titles on their smartphones and tablet devices with Audible. Since we first started in 1995, our mission has been to unleash the power of the spoken word, providing a breath-taking range of titles that includes best sellers, non-ﬁction and classics, for people who love to read and people who love to be read to. This journey is now underway in Japan, and the possibilities are endless with what Audible can become to mean to our Japanese customers.
Based in Tokyo, Audible is looking for a Performance Marketing Manager, responsible for the growth of our membership base, by working with agencies, partners and international teams to drive new customer acquisition within spend efficiency goals. This role is responsible for owning all elements of acquisition; from prospect acquisition to conversion to membership via paid display media activities.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role is a crucial senior member of the Japan marketing team. This role will suit an individual that is excited by helping to grow an emerging business for Japanese consumers in the audio content space. This represents a great opportunity and challenge, as this type of product is in its infancy in the Japanese market, and requires an individual who will thrive in growing a business and category.
The role requires a passion for results, a commitment to action-oriented analysis, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. Key responsibilities:
- Own acquisition marketing, taking into account wider business goals.
- Control assigned budgets and devise ways of spending in the most effective manner to meet acquisition and efficiency goals.
- Drive efficient new customer acquisition through below the line activity, primarily via mobile, paid search and other digital channels.
- Manage third party agencies and partners as necessary to deliver against goals.
- Interface with major search engines, networks and partners to find new areas of growth.
- Own campaign performance and adjust tactics to meet objectives and budgets.
- Report on progress against goals and other relevant metrics to stakeholders.
- Implement and continually test new creative messaging, campaigns and tools.
- Be recognized as an expert in the space and look for new opportunities to expand our marketing efforts.
- Work with international development teams to improve platforms, tools and processes.
- Assistance/management of ad hoc broader brand campaigns as required.