Help mold the future of cloud-based content/services at on a new team at Amazon. If you have the right blend of technical skills, passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may a perfect fit as an Amazon evangelist.
We are looking for an evangelist to inspire developers in Japan on the opportunities with Amazon. This young and growing community of developers is made up of professional developers, students, hobbyists and partners. Beyond inspiration, developers need technical support in creating new customer experiences. This role will be on the forefront of technology, in an area that represents an evolution in how people interact with applications and devices.
The right candidate will have a passion and/or expertise in mobile applications, the Internet of Things, and consumer devices of all types. Evangelists represent Amazon by speaking at the most prominent industry events and also in smaller meetings with decision makers and developers. The ideal evangelist will possess excellent communication skills that will allow them to engage hundreds of people at once or drive in-depth discussions with senior technical leaders. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges so that they can feed back insights to our product teams and help shape our engineering roadmaps.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
· Build and nurture a robust developer community, collect valuable feedback, and champion developer needs internally.
· Serve as a thought leader externally and internally, providing guidance on best practices, industry trends, and future potential.
· Build connections with influencers in the IoT industry, and represent Amazon with partners, customers and industry associations.
· Engage with developers by speaking at and attending conferences and meet-ups.
· Educate developers on our platform through technical workshops or hackathons.
· Create technical recourses that can be used by other developers.
· Serve as the public face of Amazon on social media, including Twitter, YouTube, and our blogs.