Amazon.co.jp is seeking a results-driven and innovative HR Business Partner (HRBP) to support the Seller Business organization. This role will be responsible for driving HR projects and initiatives for a Seller Business group, working in close collaboration with other members of the HR team locally and around the world. Reporting to the HR Manager, Seller Business, Consumer Payment, Global Credit, Lending, and Pay with Amazon, you will partner actively with leaders to create sustainable talent pipelines to support business strategies. The HRBP should translate business priorities into HR strategy, while balancing strategy with operational execution, rolling up sleeves and utilizing data to drive decision making and deliver results. This HRBP will work across functions to ensure that talent acquisition strategies align with business plans, career and skill development efforts yield measurable results and that core people processes operate with excellence. This role is accountable for coordinating key initiatives and projects, including efforts such as managing the annual people processes, driving talent management and development, and leading the employee engagement efforts. You will also partner with the leaders to provide change leadership and management coaching, as well as design and deliver management and employee training.
In this role you will need to interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You'll demonstrate your excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning ability, strong business acumen, and the agility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment. Responsibilities include:
· Work with senior management and the HR team to develop and implement HR plans and solutions.
· Partner with business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
· Partner with clients to develop and execute the HR strategies and planning activities that foster organizational and people effectiveness.
· Provide management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders.
· Demonstrate analytical capabilities and influence business partners with data-driven recommendations.
· Provide career guidance to employees and partner with management to ensure these employees are growing in their career aspirations.
· Partner with global HR teams to support business unit initiatives and global HR initiatives.
· Translate client business plans and goals into human performance capabilities needed to achieve results will be critical.
· Assess HR training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as appropriate.
· Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
· Partner with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
· Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
· Engage with talent acquisition team to provide input and review progress against hiring targets.
· Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
· Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group.
· Diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions. The person in this role must be able to interface effectively with professionals at all levels.