Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is searching for an experienced leader for its Japan FBA Operations team. FBA is a fast growing business built around Amazon’s world class capability in Ordering, Fulfilment, Transportation, and Customer Service. The successful candidate will create, develop, and drive solutions that lead to a richer end to end Seller experience, and increased Seller adoption while lowering total supply chain cost.
The role requires a strong blend of bias for action and project management skills with the ability to conduct in-depth data analyses, think big and identify strategic issues over the long-term. The successful candidate will work closely with Amazon’s Fulfillment center operations, supply chain, finance departments and business leaders in Japan, as well as with FBA’s product management and operations teams across geographies.
If you thrive in a constantly evolving business environment, work well with stakeholders across functions and locales, and have a proven track record of leading teams to success in an Operations related environment, this role is for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
· Defining plans for network capacity and develop topology outlook for the Japan supply chain, including optimal FBA capacity in the larger Amazon Fulfilment network/location of new cross-docks, inventory placement etc. and its impact on total supply chain cost.
· Leading and developing a team of Program Managers and Operations Associates across two locations in Japan.
· Driving improvements to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of deadline-driven environment.
· Managing and executing entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modelling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
· Developing and implementing processes that improve the seller inbound experience and cost both for Amazon and the seller.
· Writing business and technical requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business and development teams.
· Monitoring flow performance – inbound deliveries, inventory health, trans-shipments between FCs.
· Monitoring FC operations performance for impact on seller experience – inbound backlogs, inbound arrival to receive, lead times and costs.
· Identifying, prioritizing and communicating key areas for service and business improvement along the key FC Operations metrics, including cost savings opportunities.
Our team is inventing new and exciting technology for Sellers, and you'll own a big part of this. You will work closely with talented business, operations and supply chain teams locally, and product managers and developers across locales launching new features and functions while managing the existing platform. You'll perform deep analytics on the customer experience, defining success criteria, and measuring the impact of your innovations.
A successful candidate will have strong customer experience intuition, business or operations experience, and product management skills. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.