Would you like to help enterprise customers driving digital transformation and changing the way they think about business innovation and business agility?
Would you like to own driving the revenue for Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the large enterprise companies located in Japan? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with C-level executives and influencers at all levels? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to craft and execute Go To Market Strategy for enterprise customers?
As a Business Development Manager focusing on Enterprise within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the large enterprises in Japan. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key sales strategies, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunities. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level of enterprises, as well as having the technical depth to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, application analysts, and enterprise security and compliance teams. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the large enterprises in Japan.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
- Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the Manufacturing industry.
- Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.