Content Acquisitions Manager (Film), Amazon Prime Video Japan
Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon. Amazon.com is seeking an experienced digital content licensing executive within the Amazon Video team with responsibility for the managing and expanding our content provider network internationally. The individual in this role will drive provider relationships with major studios, television networks and cable brands, with the mission of improving customer experience on Amazon Video by delivering comprehensive selection and superior customer experience to our Amazon customers. In this role you will be responsible for working with content providers in Japan and internationally to negotiate license agreements and secure great content for Amazon Video. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Identify new content opportunities and partnerships with JP/US studios and local licensees.
- Analyze international digital video content market segment conditions, challenges and opportunities.
- Negotiate license agreements with large and small content providers to secure high demand content for the service.
- Work closely with Amazon Video team leaders to develop new services and product offerings.
- Analyze results to drive improvements in acquisitions strategy.
- Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management.
- Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon’s relationship with its digital content suppliers
- Problem Solving and Analysis: This role requires financial analysis and planning at its center. Good acquisition requires cost/benefit analysis, and an understanding of what is of value to our customer base.
- Attention to detail and meticulous planning of data management
- Reviewing spreadsheets and sales documents to formulate numerical evaluation of product
- Competent justification of requests, supported by data
- Demonstrates independent thinking when evaluating critical information to reach conclusions.
- Anticipates problems and formulates contingency plans.
- Understanding the Environment – internal and external
- Understand how to operate to get things done. Business acumen.
- Work within the realms of the business and understand the approvals process.
- Understand the TV/Movie marketplace and work ahead of the curve.
- Uses facts to support arguments and presents information in a logical way
- Managing upwards and downwards appropriately.
- Enhancing the reputation of Amazon and making a positive impact externally, as well as internally.
- Team working: Content spans the digital and physical teams, and working with a wider group or individuals and motivating them will be key
- Participates as a team player and establishes working relationships to deliver positive results.
- Embracing Change – Adaptability; this role is about changing attitudes to film consumption both within and outside our business. Some areas will be resistant to change, but this role will be a key driver in presenting the benefits of this change.
- Overcomes resistance to change, and dealing effectively with setbacks.
- Drive – Initiative: Especially important in this role, as this is a new area which will become the future of our business
- Ability to work unsupervised and takes active responsibility for meeting own goals and also will ask for support when required
- Determined to steer in the right direction and overcome obstacles. Looks at broader picture and the implications of issues