Would you like to own driving the revenue for AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Code* and other Serverless computing and developer-related service offerings? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by engaging with developers? Do you have business savvy and technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a business development manager within AWS, you will have exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Platform Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and Serverless computing technical strategy.
- Develop and cultivate AWS’ developer relations.
- Help to define AWS’ Serverless computing market segments.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS’ strategic direction.
- Execute strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our services. Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.