On September 20th 2017, Amazon.co.jp announced the launch of “Amazon Business”, a new marketplace to meet the procurement needs of businesses of every size – from small business to large multi-national organization, as well as institutional buyers like universities, schools and public offices. “Amazon Business” customers benefit from a range of business-tailored features such as Pay by Invoice, and reporting and analytics to gain visibility into how their business is spending. Business can take advantage of business-exclusive pricing and quantity discounts, and Business Prime Shipping. All of this is added to the selection, convenience and value customers expect from Amazon.
One of targeted segment of customers is Enterprise (annual rev size above JPY25B) and we need to provide customized solution to the customers.
The leader of Enterprise Sales organization defines strategy and execute tactical plans to help especially enterprise customers reinvent the way they purchase supplies. The leader plans and delivers result, builds and develops Enterprise sales team and also reflect voice of customers for improvement. The ideal candidate knows how enterprise companies simplify business processes and drive efficiency and/or direct savings.
As a senior leader on the “Amazon Business Japan”, this individual will also be expected to play an important role in overall long-term strategy for the B2B initiative. Key Responsibilities
· Define the overall Enterprise account acquisition & management strategy for “Amazon Business” initiative in Japan and drive in scalable way to deal with over 1K new Enterprise accounts every year and lead the team with hands-on and roll-up-sleeve.
· Take an ownership role in the continued build-out and improvement of acquiring and on-boarding enterprise customers as account management.
· Partner with sales operations and marketing teams to test, measure, and execute acquisition and operational improvement ideas
· Partner with product category and product management teams to provide customer perspective and engagement opportunities, as well as customer-driven product improvement ideas
· Review key metrics to measure sales performance in weekly, monthly, and quarterly Business Review and logically explain to key internal stakeholders and executives including writing high quality documents in English
· Work closely with the global “Amazon Business” Enterprise sales team to exchange views and develop the long-term roadmap.
· Hire, Lead, Develop and inspire a growing organization comprised of Enterprise sales