Amazon is looking for a smart and ambitious manager of an operation team who also owns the business metrics. The objective of the team is to deliver new business growth and maximize revenue generation across Amazon's suite of products for small to middle size of vendors (which we call Tail Vendors), which now accounts for more than 25% of overall Japan retail revenue. As the manager or the team with a size of 15 to 20, you will not only need to oversee the operations but also analyze sales data to identify opportunities to help these vendors succeed in Japan.
Your superior business analytic, interpersonal, communication, organizational skills will enable you to operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment, where you will have the autonomy to take full control and responsibility for achieving our business objectives. This role provides ample opportunity to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and fast-moving environment.
Roles and Responsibility:
You will be responsible for an operations team, whose members own all the procedures and processes in vendor lifecycle, from vendor lead generation, onboarding, in-stock management, performance management and other maintenance tasks. The role covers only Amazon.co.jp. You will interact directly with Amazon Japan business teams of each product line, own business metrics like profit and cost, as well as global functional teams to streamline processes, improve productivity and provide high quality service delivery to vendors according to requirements and SLAs.
Key Performance Areas:
· Set the vision, direction, and culture of the team by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals
· Hire, develop and keep up a team who’s consistently adhering to Amazon leadership principles and organizational business strategy
· Implements performance goals, monitors and evaluates against pre-set goals implementing action plans to resolve performance barriers as needed.
· Regularly review and analyze key metrics across the site to identify root causes and formulate solutions to improve performance
· Monitoring service levels and schedule adherence, and holding the team accountable responsible for meeting and exceeding performance targets for the team
· Conduct vendor interaction audits to keep in touch with Vendor and Associate Experience.
· Manage and drive staffing plans, cost analysis, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, projects and other Change/ Kaizen initiatives as required
· Coach and develop associates, supervisors on career paths for internal promotions and job enrichment opportunities.
· Serve as a leader and point of contact for escalated contact resolution of a supervisory nature or complex problems
· Actively contribute and lead site-wide, country-wide and even network-wide projects to create an enhanced experience for the vendors and associates.